Monday: 8am - 8pm
Tuesday: 8am - 8pm
Wednesday: 9am - 8pm
Thursday: 7am - 8pm
Friday: 9am - 2pm
Saturday: 8am - 1pm
—Ask Mary Poppins?…just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down…
Well that’s probably not your best option. Here are some helpful hints for easier swallowing of medications.
• Before placing pill in mouth take a deep breath and exhale very slowly. This will help you relax and prevent gagging.
• Drink a small sip of water to moisten your mouth. This keeps pill from sticking in your mouth.
• Place pill far back of mouth and take a small sip of water to wash it down.
• Don’t throw your head back when swallowing. Instead tilt you chin forward toward your chest.
• Drink from a container with a small, narrow opening. Close lips around opening, then suck liquid.
• As a last resort put pill in a spoonful of applesauce, Jello or peanut butter to swallow, then drink some water.
~Scientific American Health after 50